Contact us

Insurance Law Service (ILS)

1300 663 464 (National)

Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 1pm.

Mob Strong Debt Help (formerly Aboriginal Advice Service)

1800 808 488 (National)

Open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.

National Debt Helpline (NDH)

1800 007 007 (National)

Open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.

Please note, the National Debt Helpline is answered by both Financial Rights (our service) and Uniting (NSW.ACT) which is based in Dubbo and provides telephone financial counselling, but does not have solicitors available. Our services are run separately, neither service has access to any information or advice given to or by the other service.

Or send us a question through our Web Enquiry Form

Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)

131 450


(02) 9212 4216

Postal Address

PO Box 538, Surry Hills NSW 2010

Media enquiries

Financial Rights can provide comment on a range of debt, credit and insurance related issues for print, radio, television or the internet. We can provide expert commentary on issues facing consumers of financial services, offer detailed background information and, where possible, supply case studies.

PLT volunteers

At this time we are not able to take any PLT volunteers at our office.

Complaints and feedback

Our approach

We welcome feedback and will handle complaints in a fair and open way. Every reasonable effort will be made by Financial Rights Legal Centre to resolve the complaints it receives to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

If you make a complaint, you can expect that we will:

  • treat you with courtesy, fairness and respect
  • tell you what to expect while your complaint is being looked into
  • carry out the complaint handling process in a fair and open way
  • provide reasons for decisions that are made
  • protect your privacy
  • arrange an interpreter (if required)

Who do I make a complaint to?

Complaints can be directed to any staff member, the Principal Solicitor or the Chief Executive Officer. The CEO will monitor the handling of the complaints and may ask the Principal Solicitor to investigate and respond if appropriate.

How do I make a complaint?

A complaint may be made in writing, by telephone or by email.  Complaints should be directed to the CEO, via one of the following contact methods:

By mail: PO Box 538, Surry Hills NSW 2010


By phone: (02) 9212 4216


What happens once I make a complaint?

When you make a complaint we will explain:

  • what will happen while the complaint is being dealt with
  • who will deal with the complaint
  • what will happen next, such as when you are likely to be contacted again.

If the complaint is simple then it may be resolved immediately. Where the complaint is about a more difficult matter it may take longer to resolve. Once the complaint is resolved as far as possible, you will be informed of the outcome. You may wish to raise any ongoing problems or concerns at this time.

Page last updated: September 2021.