Step 1. I dispute the way my claim has been paid and/or how my car has been repaired by the insurer’s repairer
If you want to dispute the way your claim has been paid or how your car was repaired, you need to write to the insurer and raise a dispute. To find the insurance company’s complaints contact details, see:
- Find a financial firm or superannuation fund on the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) website.
- Problems with the quality of repairs organised by an insurer
- What to do if your insurer pays only some of your claim
- Why do I have to pay my excess? Or multiple excesses?
- My car has been written off by the insurer – What deductions can the insurer make?
- Insurance Dispute Resolution
Or use the following sample letter generator on our website:email or call the Insurance Law Service on 1300 663 464.