Step 1. What happens if the insurer gives me the money to do the repairs?
If the insurer gives you the money to do the repairs, they have no further involvement and take no responsibility for the repairs. It will be up to you to:
- find a repairer
- deal with any issues that come up between you and your repairer.
- getting two quotes in case your repairer is just charging too much
- reading your product disclosure statement to see whether there are any policy restrictions about the parts that can be used
- asking to see your insurer’s quote and compare it your quote.
- Find a financial firm or superannuation fund on the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) website.
For more information, see:
- Insurance Dispute Resolution on our website
- Raising a Dispute sample letter generator on our website.